Friday, June 30, 2017

All the Frills: Vacation From Myself

I honestly keep forgetting that I own this wig. I bought it as a sort of joke when out with a friend but I genuinely do love the sea foam shade and the chance to occasionally put in on and take a little vacation from myself. Which is exactly what I did here. Usually I’d wear it some place fun but I wasn't really doing a lot of “fun” stuff when these were taken on account of being so uncomfortable, so I basically just wore it out for dinner and then a drive around our area with my helpmeet. I find driving to be a really good distraction actually; it forces me to pay attention to something and gets me out of my own headspace. And why not kick my drive up a notch with a little wig action?





Weekend Reading:


6 comments:

Mica said...

It is a beautiful wig! :) I love the color - and now you've got me thinking! One of the boy's teachers has bright blue hair which I admire but I'm growing my hair to donate it so I'm not allowed to dye it - I should look into a fun wig like this! :)

Hope you are having a wonderful start to the weekend!

Away From The Blue Blog

Cee said...

I know it's very outside of my normal style, but I've always loved the look of colourful wigs, especially bobbed ones. When I was teenager, I would have practically killed for a pink one. These days, I'd prefer something a bit more subtle, and I love that your wig is on the subtle side - you know, for something that gives you temporarily sea foam green hair ;)
xox,
Cee

MONICA SORS said...

Such a great look!! So chic!
xx
Mónica Sors
NEW POST: MES VOYAGES A PARIS

awhite said...

This wig is too fun, lady!

Hope you had a great weekend!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Lorena said...

OMG those ads ! it was kind of fun seeing a few brands that are no longer around.
I like the wig, its cool and I love driving and listening to music, it takes me places - literally and mentally.

Lydia said...

That wig is fabulous - a new hair style, even if only temporary can really change our mindset.

Those fashion ads are hilarious. Oh the 80's and 90's. wayward fashion children.

The child brides are just appalling. my favorite quote would have to be: "Opponents worry that raising the age will lead to out-of-wedlock births, and they note that many underage marriages are consensual."

So clearly an 11 year old being raped and getting pregnant WHILE MARRIED is better.