Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Coat Excitement

Remember what I said in my last post? A lot of crazed excited utterances about snow, yes, but also a thinly veiled threat to be posting a lot of photos of jackets.

Well, I meant what I said.

I recently booked a day of vacation from work and used it to work in my local special collections library (sometimes I just get the urge to handle some really old books or manuscripts; I’m funny that way). They don’t really have much in the way of manuscript holdings for my period at the Bruce Peel Special Collections Library, but I did get my hands on a 1633 edition of John Stow’s Survey of London and happily spent an afternoon ensconced in the warm glow of a reading room, in the silent company of other scholars, engrossed in it.


pants: RW and Co / jackets: H&M / shirt: Switches (an amazing band) / boots: Steve Madden

5 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Love that coat. Navy is such a perfect color!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

That sounds like such a great way to spend a day away from the office! And while I am totally unenthused about snow, I do love your coat.
xox,
Cee

Lorena said...

Oh I have not seen snow in a few years ! Beautiful blue coat and like you I sometimes enjoy things that may be odd to others ;)

awhite said...

Snow! Yay!

And do not apologize for trotting out ALL the jackets- you have an amazing collection!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

LyddieGal said...

While I never really LOVE winter, I am quite fond of outfit photos in the snow. It's just so magical. Love your coat, such a gorgeous shade of blue.
Chic on the Cheap