Friday, October 7, 2016

All the Frills: Halloween Countdown

As you may be aware, I get ridiculously excited around this time of year – because it’s almost Halloween!!!!!! This past week I got out all my Halloween decorations and now I’m totally basking in the creepiness of it all.




Weekend Reading:



  • My work as a historian centres on a period in which the Julian calendar was still used (the Gregorian calendar made its debut in 1582 but wasn’t adopted in Britain until 1752). I’ve always found it sort of fascinating that, because of this, if I’m working a document dated to say February 3, 1589 (as in that’s the date the original author wrote down), I have to mark it as February 3, 1589/1590….because for us the new year started on January 1 but under the Julian calendar it started on March 25. I feel like I’m doing a bad job of explaining this. These short pieces do a better job.

5 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha yayyyy!!!! Looking good!!! I don't decorate for Halloween but I make up for it at Christmas time ;)
(Although I do have velvet pumpkins displayed year round in my Potter bookshelf, haha)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

MONICA SORS said...

Woww great decor!!
xx
Mónica Sors
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: BOMBER, SNEAKERS AND ROAD TRIP
DON'T MISS: PFW STREET STYLE II (PICS BY US)

Cee said...

I'm not a holiday decorator at all - I'm pretty sure I'm not even doing a Christmas tree this year - but I do love it when other people go out and your Halloween set-up is amazing!
xox,
Cee

Elle Sees said...

Love how you decorated!!

Lorena said...

Wow you are really into Halloween !
I usually just do a huge spider web on the main entrance and sometimes I do the Kleenex ghosts... I do love to scare the kids that come trick or treating .