Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Golden Girl

I bought this gold pleated skirt on a total lark many years ago (it helped that it was heavily discounted). While I do really love it, it’s a wholly impractical piece, for me at least. It’s much shinier in real life and also made of a material that makes a constant rustling sound when it moves. It’s actually weirdly loud. But, for all that, I’ve hung onto it all these years and always make an effort to don it at least once a year, even just for a quick cocktail outing. Despite wearing it very infrequently, I think I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth out of it!


skirt: Urban Outfitters / shirt: F21 / jacket: Simons / sandals: Arturo Chiang / necklace: French Connection / ring: ModCloth

2 comments:

Cee said...

Garments that make a rustling sound are so bizarre and infuriating - particularly if they are otherwise lovely. This is one of my pet peeves about certain fabrics. But this skirt is still gorgeous, and definitely worth hanging onto despite the noise it makes and the shine factor - it photographs so beautifully!
xox,
Cee

Lorena said...

If I had not read that the skirt was noisy and the fabric shiny... I would have never guessed.
I think its a beautiful garment, it fits you well, color is fab, looks great so I am glad you kept it, even if you wear it just once a year.