Friday, September 2, 2016

All the Frills: Diamonds!

I fully acknowledge that this is sort of goofy and dumb, in the sense that I honestly think stuff like this can be a waste of money, the whole idea of slavery to the marketing campaigns of diamond cartels is a very real thing, and I genuinely just believe that there are more important things in life.

Having said all that, here’s the thing. I never actually had an engagement ring. I got accepted to Yale, immigration for unmarried couples was difficult to say the least, and my helpmeet and I (we were totally committed and in it for the long haul but we’d never really put much stock in “marriage” itself and didn’t think we’d ever do it) just decided one night to get married because it made the most sense and simplified the whole grad school things. As you can imagine, it was the height of romantic displays. Anyways, after celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary this February, I guess my helpmeet figured I was due a proper ring. Enter this gorgeous, 1926, platinum number. I basically just like staring at it all day.




Weekend Reading:


6 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Sooo beautiful! And yay for 10 years of marriage!!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

I think often people put too much stock in the romance of marriage, forgetting that the romantic part is just a few days, really, and then life goes on with things like dishes and bills and pet vomit. The romantic part is important of course but what I'm trying to say is that it isn't everything and waiting the ten years for a ring was actually probably the best way to do it :)
xox,
Cee

Lorena said...

What a gorgeous piece.
Regardless of how long its been, a diamond ring is always well received ;)
Happy Anniversary.

Nnenna said...

Your ring is so beautiful! Congratulations on your 10-year anniversary!

awhite said...

Awww, what a sweet- and gorgeous!- gesture! Great way to celebrate 10 years. :) It's so pretty on you, lady!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Annie L said...

So beautiful and congrats on your anniversary!
xo Annie
New England Romance