Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Faux Leather and Faux Fur

We’ve had a spate of relatively warm winter weather here in Edmonton earlier in December. Most of the snow we had melted and temperatures even made it up above zero. And while I sort of wished it was back to being properly winter cold outside, I did welcome the opportunity to wear some of my less cold weather appropriate fall and winter jackets – like this number from ASOS (accessorized with a detachable fur collar taken off of another coat in my collection). I love this coat but it’s basically useless in anything under -10. And it was -35 with the windchill yesterday.

pants: RW &Co / boots: Steve Madden, similar / coat: ASOS, similar

6 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

That coat is so fun :D It's a shame you can't wear it when its really cold....blegh!
We are finally starting to get really cold over here, but we're still in the 20s for now...
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Darcy said...

Cute! This is the first week we have had really cold Winter weather. Love your coat!
www.amemoryofus.com

Cee said...

This coat and these boots are, without a doubt, two of my very favourite pieces in your wardrobe. I love getting to see them worn together!
xox,
Cee

Simply Fashion TV said...

Reading the first blog post *waves*

I already love that coat!

welldressedmaker said...

BRRRRRR! The windchill here is barely below 0 and I'm already whining! I do love this coat a whole hell of a ton!

LyddieGal said...

I love that coat, I'm actually surprised at how warm it is! I wouldn't think anything with pleather sleeves would be good for temps below freezing.

Love the addition of the fur collar. Fur collars make everything better.
Chic on the Cheap