Monday, April 14, 2014

Italian Masterworks

I wore this a few Saturdays ago to go to the Alberta Art Gallery to view an exhibit of Italian Renaissance and Baroque pieces on loan from a Glasgow collection. It was amazing and made me really happy that my local gallery is able to mount such beautiful exhibitions but also a bit nostalgic for the museums of NYC and London which I really feel I should have tried to see one last time before I stopped living in those places (or close to them). That said, I have visited the Met about thirty times so maybe I’m just a museum junkie?

blouse: ModCloth / dress: Zara / coat: ASOS / boots: Steve Madden / purse: Urban Outfitters

11 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha, yep, you're definitely a museum junkie! I've only been a handful of times all together. But I do really like them when I'm there, it's just the problem of actually traveling to the museums.
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

You may be a museum junkie but you're definitely a girl after my own heart. When I lived in Paris, I went to the Louvre practically twice a week for the entire year. If only the Vancouver Art Gallery could come close to competing...
xox,
Cee

Marie a la Mode said...

Love your coat! (Of course.) And that green is a great color on you. I really need to get to the Art Gallery, I haven't been in sooo long!

Bri said...

I never made it up to see the Italian Masters exhibit unfortunately. Sweet coat, layering is sadly still needed in all this crazy Alberta weather!

Veronika Novotny said...

Oh this outfit is just awesome lovey + the shoes were a fab choice. I have a pair of studded flats that I just can't stop wearing!! SO good!! xoxo

Unknown said...

I visited MET only once but if I lived closer I would be just like you. :)

Great coat.

Fabulous 30s

Allie said...

You look like a rockstar!
xo,
Al
www.sparklesandstilettos.com

Jessica said...

I love spending an afternoon or evening exploring museums. That green top is very pretty. I love the color emerald.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

LyddieGal said...

Maybe you are a museum junkie, but there is nothing wrong with that! I love this green blouse on you, and always happy to see that fabulous coat.
Chic on the Cheap

welldressedmaker said...

the perfect kind of junkie to be! I love love love museums and should really go more!

204 Park said...

That coat is amazing - and the details on those boots...so good! So glad to have found your blog! XO