Friday, April 25, 2014

All the Frills: The Cartography Corner

Just like the slightly weird pillows featuring historical personalities that I seem to be unwittingly collecting, I seem to also have amassed a large number of reproductions of historical maps – of which this is just one. They’re the kind of thing that a lot of historical sites in Connecticut sell (as one of the first thirteen colonies, etc) and I know I’ve also picked up a few in Edinburgh the last time I was there. It’s a good thing we’re moving into a house of our own soon – I’ll finally be able to display these things properly. Maybe I can even have a nook of the house that I christen Cartography Corner? Yes, that’s definitely the answer.



7 comments:

welldressedmaker said...

VERY COOL! I am excited for your house venture more now so you can display your awesome collection!

Cee said...

The Peeps Show! I am practically rolling on the floor laughing - thank-you for sharing that.
xox,
Cee

Jessica said...

great collection of links. I love your map. I have a huge interest in vintagey/reproduction maps.

Annie L said...

Sounds like new adventures are on the horizon! I've had a thing for old maps lately - super jealous of your collection!
xo Annie
New England Romance

Closet Fashionista said...

All I thought of when I saw those is "some people out there in our nation don't have maps...." (that miss america girl a few years ago, haha)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

FASHION TALES said...

This is really interesting. My brother also collects old maps like this, I always thought it was very cool. Great link on the Peep Show! :)

Alexa said...

Oooh so exciting about your new house! I love the look of those old old maps. We found a ton in my Oma's house after she passed away and I hoarded several of them! :) Love that wildlife link!