Sunday, February 2, 2014

Winter Warmth

While we have had some unseasonably warm weather here in northern Canada as of late, my city of Edmonton remains (from October to March, at least) a winter one. As a result, my closet is pretty stocked with winter jackets of varying styles and warmth. When you spend 6 months of the year in a coat you want to have a few options. That’s actually one plus to my relocating to Canada last year – when I first moved to Connecticut I packed my extensive coat collection and then pretty much kept most of them in storage for the 6 years it took me to do my PhD; the weather just never got cold enough!

So now I’m back in the winter coat saddle, so to speak.

jacket: ASOS / snood: Marshalls / booties: Target

9 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Yea, I don't have too many Winter coats, but my collection is slowly growing...I love all the leather details on that one
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Eli said...

I have several coats since moving to SF since we have perpetual fall here! I love it! I really like this one, it's a good combination of colors and textures in fabrics!

JennaStevie said...

That is indeed the best part of living here is getting to invest in so many awesome coats. This one is so fantastic
xJennaD

Kacrates said...

cute pins on your coat. I have a ton of coats, in closet and in storage. Haha :)

FASHION TALES said...

Although I do love winter outerwear I probably have more jackets than coats because I wear loads of layers. Your coat is perfect for winter warmth!
//Madison :)

Lubka Henry said...

Nice urban style jacket :)


Lu. www.balgarka.co.uk

LyddieGal said...

It may not be as cold here, but I feel just as much need to have an extensive coat wardrobe!

I love the leather sleeves on this one and the side zip - it is so awesome.

Chic on the Cheap

Cee said...

It's funny that you say you're getting more use out of your coat collection now that you're somewhere really cold - when I lived in Winnipeg I only ever had one coat at a time, because it was seemingly impossible to find more than one that was warm enough! These days, I have a whole collection of light coats. And I'd love to add one like yours to my collection - gray with black leather sleeves is just so perfect!
xox,
Cee

welldressedmaker said...

You have an enviable collection of winter coats, that's for sure!!!